Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My first time!

Hey everyone...

MySpace, Facebook, online banking, school e-mail, home e-mail, real estate e-mail...now blog spot! I think I officially have become technologized! (If that is a word...) I enjoy reading all of my friend's blogs, so I was feeling left out or maybe inspired, so here you go--my blog. I know what a blog is, just recently mind you, but let me just say, who thought of the word "blog"? Did it exist before the world of computers? Or did somebody just think one day--"What are we going to call these online diary-type entries...oh I got it, we'll call it a blog". You know a mullet is really a type of fish, but someone decided that they would name the "short on top long on bottom hairdo" a mullet, which is much easier to say than the "short on top and long on bottom hairdo". Is this how they came up with "blog"? Is a blog really a certain kind of rock you can only find in the Amazon, but they needed to find a easier way to say "online diary-type entries" and just came up with "blog". Who knows? Anyway, it is a cool sounding word and a fun word to say over and over again. Blog, blog, blog, blog--ooh try it! I kind of sound like a frog or something. Anyway, back to the word. Couldn't they think of anything different or maybe a little bit cooler? Maybe "mufti" or "snollygoster" (my favorite) or "grok" or "smarmy" --all cool words and fun to say, but just like "blog," they're weird and no one really knows what it means. Well, that is my first "online diary-type entry", I hope that you enjoyed it. I will "snollygoster" again soon! Love ya...

No comments: