Wednesday, June 11, 2008

8 Years!!

Wow! John and I have been together for ten years this year with eight years of wedded bliss! Here we are on our wedding day June 10, 2000. Aren't we cute?
How have 8 years of marriage been on us? Well, here we are 8 years later. What do you think?











Still cute, I think—just a bit tired and wrinkly maybe. Aged like fine wine, I would like to think. Who knew that it would ever last this long?! I know that we said "till death do us part", but there were a few times along the way that I thought that death WOULD do us part! Kidding, only kidding here! Sure, we've seen the rough times (many, many a rough time), but we have had our share of good and happy times, too! We've seen many places in our travels, shared lots of laughs with good friends, bought and sold a house or two, shared many "firsts" together and seen a miracle or two along the way! All in all, we are very blessed to have all that we have and we thank the Lord above for that! Amen Sister!

According to a good friend, the traditional gift for an 8th wedding anniversary is pottery and/or lace.

Well, OK, if you say so. I made sure that I told John right away so he would have plenty of time to think about this one. Honestly, I had no ideas on a good gift for him, so I just gave up and decided to see what he would come up with. But my dear sweet hubby shocked and amazed me with his well-thought out gift.
A chimenea! We had one once and I loved it, but it broke during our last move! I was so happy and, I'll say it, impressed! We haven't used it yet, but I predict that in the near future our little family will be roasting some marshmallows and warming our tootsies by the glow of our new friend! I love him for thinking of me and remembering something that I told him. (Way to go John--he is getting better with this after 8 years!) I love him even more not to tell him that, upon investigating, pottery is actually a 9 year wedding gift-doh!. Shhhhh...

Well, I guess the lace part was up to me. Hmmm...what could I get that was lace, something that would be appropriate for a wedding anniversary gift and, more importantly, something John would like? Well, I won't tell you, but I will give you a hint. It was a gift that I got for my wedding shower that was for my wedding night. I'll leave the rest up to you! We had a fabulous anniversary day and night! ;)

1 comment:

Allikaye's Mama said...

Yay for John! We'll have to fire that baby up together sometime! And by the way...love you nuts! So glad you are bloggin!