Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Fourth!


July 4th is one of our family's favorite holidays--second to Halloween of course! It was also Wes' first fourth. At first, I didn't want to drag him out past dark and past bedtime to see fireworks, but what the heck huh? I am so glad that I did! He loved the fireworks! Here was his face every time a new one went off!
Ha! He is hilarious! Only one complaint--of all of the 31 firework displays I have seen in my lifetime, there is always a finale, right? Ya know where they blow-up like 500 fireworks at once and set the sky ablaze with a rainbow of colors and the smell of sulfur fills the air? Ya--nothing--no finale, just firework, firework, firework and then..................nothing! I was waiting....waiting....still waiting, but nothing came. I know, I know---fire danger is high, but I was there I saw the 50 firetrucks driving around! Come on it's fourth of July, light it up--put those 50 fire trucks to use! I was a little disappointed Castle Rock!
Sister was also having a good time. She got to have a little blow-up slide action.

Her favorite! She was a trooper--waiting in line for a good 15 minutes to ride the slide--TWICE!! No whining or complaining from Miss Diva. We had fun, waited in a lot of lines, had some good food and celebrated our freedom! All in all it was a good night!

Happy Birthday America!

No comments: