Thursday, June 26, 2008

Loose Tooth--Chapter One

Alright...now Analise being 6 and a half you'd think that she would have lost some teeth by now right? But the crazy kid hasn't lost anything yet! All her friends and cousins are losing teeth left and right all around her, but she is keeping hers very closely guarded. She has had a stubborn loose tooth since Valentines's Day--yeah Valentine's day! I can't believe it! I don't remember teeth ever hanging around that long when I was losing teeth. Look at it just hanging there.

Well, I have been trying to get her to pull, twist and yank on it a little bit everyday, but she is too afraid of it hurting. Everyone around me is telling me pull on it and help her out, but if any of you know me at all, I'm not too fond of putting my hand into someone else's mouth, even my kid's, and I cannot stand the sound or feeling of a tooth coming out! Ahhhh...the sound of my own teeth slowly detaching and ripping away from the safety of my gums still haunts me to this day. The sound is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I know I'm a weirdo! Anyway...I have been getting impatient with this tooth and I have found myself reaching in and tugging on it several times a day. It's the mom in me I guess. She lets me do it and I will continue to until the darn thing comes out! You'd think that she would be more excited to get a visit and special prize from the tooth fairy, but I think that I am more excited to do my "tooth fairy" duties! The tooth saga continues--stay tuned for the next installment, Mommy Gets the Pliers: Chapter Two!

No comments: